Guest blogging is when you write a free post for someone else’s blog. Guest posting is used by businesses as part of their digital marketing plan to gain backlinks and increase web traffic, but it’s also akin to public relations. The goal of public relations (PR) is to get free publicity for a company. A ground-breaking story is pitched to the media by public relations agents. The media and other influencers will publish and distribute the story (and pitch) if it is good enough.
The procedure for guest blogging is identical. You, as a freelance writer, submit a few ideas to a reputable site. If the blog accepts you, your content will be shared with their audience. Guest blogging has progressed far beyond simply being a technique to get the word out about your blog. It is now widely utilized as a potent SEO strategy. Everyone is using guest articles as a worthwhile marketing approach, from tiny blog owners to multi-billion dollar organizations. Intel, Salesforce, and Xbox are just a few of the companies who routinely publish guest blogs!
I experimented with guest blogging from January 4 to January 18, 2019. I went through each stage of the guest blogging procedure over the course of these 15 days. Finding the appropriate connections, cold email outreach, topic pitching, brainstorming and writing draughts, and finally submitting guest pieces to get them publish were all parts of this process. I started emailing 68 different blogs on January 4 to see if I could submit a guest article. 28 of the 68 of these sites showed interest. I presented subjects to 18 of these 28 people. In the end, I had eight pieces published on these 18 sites in just 15 days. In fact, stories were published three days in a row on the final three days of the experiment—January 16, 17, and 18
Benefits of guest posting
- One of the most important advantages of guest blogging is that it sends high-quality traffic to your website. It’s not difficult to get a lot of traffic by using the correct keywords, phrases, and social media methods. The ultimate aim is to attract people who will profit from your content and are likely to buy anything. You may reach your target audience – those who are likely to be interested in your material – by guest posting.
- Many people value guest writing since it aids in the development of backlinks. Building a high-authority website and ranking highly in search engines requires relevant and high-quality backlinks. This is because backlinks are highly valued by numerous search engines, including Google. Backlinks with identical types of material on both ends may be quite beneficial to SEO. Guest blogging gives you the freedom to pick anchor text that will improve your backlink profile. Check out our link-building services to discover more about how high-quality backlinks are effectively built.
Guest Blogging Guidelines
- When it comes to guest blogging for SEO, it’s also crucial to look at how previous guest blogs perform on your selected host blog. Even if the host blog satisfies all of the above criteria, you should check to see how other guest writers are faring on the site. Check to see whether the guest articles have the same level of interaction as the owner’s blogs. The outcomes of guest posting will be negative if the audience is primarily interested in the owner’s material and does not engage well with guest posts.
- Another useful tip is to figure out what types of postings work best on the host website. If listicles are the most popular type of blog, for example, your in-depth, professional instruction may not be well received. Examine whether you can write an article in this manner; if not, go for another website that better matches your writing style. Use websites and tools like Digg, Buzzer, and Octopus to help you with your search. They all give important insights and information about the success of a post.
- Remember to keep the size of the host blog in check if you want to reap the benefits of guest writing. The idea is to acquire a flood of new visitors and prospective clients, thus you should strive for sites that are larger than yours. However, don’t pitch to a website or blog that is so much bigger and more well-known than yours that your request will be dismissed.
Guest blogging is becoming an increasingly important component of SEO marketing efforts. It not only generates high-quality leads and traffic while also increasing your website’s authority, but it also helps you develop your network, grow your social media presence, and raise brand recognition. To take advantage of these privileges, however, you must strictly adhere to the guest blog standards. While there are several aspects to consider, it is critical that you undertake thorough research before to making any guest blog proposal.
Given how important guest blogging has become in terms of SEO in recent years, any company may use it to improve their website’s performance and sales. Even a casino, for example, may now use SEO casino services to strengthen their content and SEO marketing approach. But you can ignore the casino content.
READ MORE: TECHIEONLINEBLOG